Kahu Malama Nurses has a new opening for a CMA to work at an OBGYN clinic. This is a great position for an experienced CMA who is able to work with minimal supervision and has a strong attention to detail.
POSITION SUMMARY: The person in this position carries out daily operations including reception, scheduling, transcription and assisting patients and physicians with clerical activities. The CMA will also assist the physician with patient care and maintain daily clinic operations when the practice manager is not available.
- Prepares, stocks and cleans exam rooms
- Take vital signs
- Assist physician as directed including retrieving supplies, medications, comforting patients and assisting during procedures
- Organizes charts and verify patient information
- Completes lab order forms and obtains necessary signatures
- Obtains blood draw from patients when needed
- Informs physician of patient requests and phone calls
- Checks and maintains inventory of supplies
- Greets, receives and welcomes patients
- Assures cleanliness and orderliness of reception and waiting rooms
- Obtains Information release authorization form from patients
- Notifies patients and obtains appropriate waivers as necessary
- Obtains accurate insurance and demographic information from patients, checks eligibility.
- Registers patients in the electronic registration system
- Takes messages and assures prompt delivery of messages
- Schedules patients for clinic location
- Schedules patients for ancillary procedures as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certified Medical Assistant
- CPR certification
- At least one year of CMA experience; Prefer three years of experience medical assisting in an OBGYN office
- TB Clearance
The schedule for this assignment is Monday — Friday from 8:00 am — 5:00 pm. However, hours may sometimes be adjusted to accommodate clinic needs. This assignment is expected to last at least 3 months.
Kahu Malama Nurses offers employee benefits including
- Health Coverage (20 hours a week for 4 weeks)
- Supplemental Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Pay Advances
If this is a position that interests you and you meet the qualifications, we want to hear from you as soon as possible. Send resume for immediate consideration.
Kahu Malama Nurses is one of Hawaii’s oldest healthcare staffing agencies. This year, we are celebrating our 35th year in business. We are the only local agency certified by the Joint Commission. Kahu Malama Nurses has been owned by a Registered Nurse since its start and was recently named one of the top women owned businesses in Hawaii. We are also a member of the Healthcare Association of Hawaii.