Kahu Malama Nurses has an opening for a Nursing Supervisor at a long-term care facility on Oahu. This is full time position with a highly competitive salary and a full benefits package which includes:
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Develops and improves nursing operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; assists and formulates interdisciplinary assessments of patients’ plan of care; develops and implements treatment strategies to promote the quality of life for patients; assures quality of care adheres with all laws, regulations and Hale Ho Aloha standards.
- Protects patients and employees by developing and interpreting infection-control policies and procedures; enforces medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintains and reviews documentation of patient care services by auditing patient and department records for accuracy and timeliness. Reviews patients’ medical chart for weekly care plan meetings, resident transfers, discharges, and potential admissions. Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by monitoring confidential information processing.
- Acts as a resource in identifying and/or solving nursing concerns; anticipates actual/potential problems that may occur; serves as a resource to interpret and ensure adherence with all laws, regulations and Hale Ho Aloha’s policies and procedures.
- Maintains nursing guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
This position has supervisory responsibility for Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Nurse Aides and other facility personnel.
The work schedule is generally Monday – Friday with varying hours depending on patient care requirements.
- BSN from an accredited school of nursing. Master’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Hawaii nursing license
- BCLS certification
- Experience in long term care units
- At least three years of nursing experience
- At least two years of experience in long-term care or gerontological services
- Previous experience as a Nursing Supervisor preferred
Candidates must currently be living in the Honolulu area to be considered for this position.