Kahu Malama Nurses has a full-time opening for an MDS Coordinator at a long term care facility. The schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The MDS Coordinator must be an effective member of the resident care team and work with an interdisciplinary team for their knowledge and expertise in providing care to the residents. The MDS Coordinator will be accountable and responsible for the coordination and care of their assigned residents/families. They must be advocates of providing individualized and quality of care to residents and in concert with the needs of the facility. They must be assertive and professional with their communication and keep the Director of Nursing informed of staff that is not following through with their duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Hawaii State RN License in good standing
- First Aid and CPR (AHA)
- 3 years of experience in LTC Setting
- Previous supervisory experience
- 2 step TB clearance
- Vaccination Records
- At least 3 Supervisor References
- Must be detail oriented and be able to multitask, prioritize and organize the many needs of residents, families and the facility
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Must have previous experience in a medical setting and familiarity with long term care and social service procedures.
- Able to handle residents based on whatever functional level they are currently at
- Possess leadership abilities, patience, tact and a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm
- Must be proficient with MS office products, such as Word and Excel.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities
- Must be able to read and write English to facilitate proper communication with others
Kahu Malama Nurses is one of Hawaii’s most experienced healthcare staffing agencies. For over 35 years, we have been helping healthcare professionals get assignments across the state. We are the only agency in Hawaii that is certified by the Joint Commission. We are also a member of the American Staffing Association and the Healthcare Association of Hawaii.
As an employee of Kahu Malama Nurses, you’ll get a competitive hourly pay and be eligible for a benefits package which includes:
- Health Coverage
- Aflac Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Pay Advances
- Referral Bonuses
We are a team of professionals available to help you 24/7!