Clerks, Medical Assistants and Nurse Aides: Work with Kahu Malama Nurses this flu season!
We are currently hiring staff to work at flu clinics across the state of Hawaii. We currently have clinics scheduled on Oahu, the Big Island, Maui, Kauai and Molokai.
The work here is vastly different from work in a medical provider’s office (focus on vaccine inventory/supply, clerical tasks, etc.). The work here can be stressful (high intensity) and physically demanding – our ideal candidates are detail oriented (vaccine counts/packing must be accurate) and must be willing to perform physical labor (need to move vaccine coolers, withstand work in walk-in refrigerators, move ice-packs between freezers, prepare/pack sharps containers for disposal, etc.) and clerical tasks (stuffing envelopes, etc.).
- Verify patient identity and that it matches the consent form.
- Review each consent form at the registration/screening station according to Program protocol, policies and procedures.
- Monitor and control the foot traffic/line flow of participants, under the direction of the clinic manager, to maintain safety and an organized, efficient pace of the clinic.
- Assist the Clinic Manager or nurse on duty with monitoring the participant’s post-vaccination and keeping track of the 15-minute observation period.
- Assist with other registration and support duties as assigned by the clinic management staff.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding individuals’ immunization records and reports.
- Set-up and break down clinic area in accordance with clinic manager’s instruction.
- At least one year of previous experience providing clerical support in a medical setting
- Familiar with HIPAA/Patient Confidentiality laws
- Must pass online training module to be assigned to one of these positions
Kahu Malama Nurses offers our healthcare professionals a competitive hourly rate plus qualified candidates are eligible for company benefits which include:
- Medical coverage
- Supplemental insurance coverage
- Weekly pay
- Direct deposit
- Pay advances
- Vacation pay
- Referral bonuses
Kahu Malama Nurses is a Joint Commission certified staffing agency and has been providing staffing services to hospitals, clinics and other facilities across the state since 1982. The company is owned and operated by a Registered Nurse. Kahu Malama Nurses is a member of the Healthcare Association of Hawaii and the American Staffing Association.