Few slots left! Don’t miss this fun opportunity!
We are hiring Registered Nurses to work at summer camps this year! A few more openings left for Hilo, Molokai and Kauai camps. The dates available are for June 11-16, June 25-30, July 2-7 and July 9-14. Airfare is provided for local nurses traveling inter-island for these assignments.
Each week, nurses work Sunday afternoon through Friday afternoon. You will be provided with a private sleeping area and share other facilities. Nurses are welcome to participate in all camp activities.
Recently retired RNs are also welcome to apply. Open to locally available applicants.
- Must love to camp!!
- Active Hawaii RN license
- Current BLS with AHA
- Strong triage skills
- Must have 1 year of RN experience in urgent care/ ER/ Pediatrics
- Immunization Records (MMR, Varicella, Tdap, Hep B and Flu shot)
- TB 1-step Skin Test/ Clear Chest X-ray
- Physical Test
You need to be a self-starter, organized and able to work independently. Good communication skills are a must as you’ll also be dealing with parents and program staff and will need to write clear and accurate reports.
- Checking in students with medication needs when camp starts on Sunday afternoons through Friday evening
- Work in the clinic daily in AM and PM to dispense medications
- Remain available to assess/triage/treat sick students or injuries as needed
- Contact parents as needed to communicate about student medical condition and needs
- Return all student brought medications on Friday when camp ends
- To work on call during camp hours
There is no physician on duty. Standing orders will be provided and the Medical Director will be available as needed.
If you are qualified and interested in taking one of these assignments, we want to hear from you ASAP!
If you are qualified and interested in taking one of these assignments, we want to hear from you ASAP! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 808-951-0111 ext. 2. You can also apply via this link: Click Here
Pictures from the previous camps.