Kahu Malama Nurses’ current Job Opportunities on the Big Island. Contracts range from 13 weeks to 26 weeks :
- RN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH – 13-week contract, 2 years experience in behavioral health nursing. 8 hour rotating shifts, must be available to work weekends and holidays. There is no floating to other departments. Coordinates nursing care for patients with behavioral health issues. Participates in patient and family teaching. Administrates medications and treatment. Uses EMR, Meditech. BLS, NCI or other crisis prevention training. Start date of 7/23/2018.
- RN ICU – 13-week contract, 3 years of Intensive Care experience, Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. BLS, ACLS, HI license. 12 hour night and day shifts
hours weekly could be up to 48 hours. depends on census and coverage. Floating to other units/departments: when needed may float out to other critical care and step down units
Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
- RN Behavioral Health – 13-Week contract, 2 years of experience, variable shifts, Staff RN on 11-bed adult behavioral health unit. Performs admissions, daily assessments, discharges, lead psycho/education groups for patients. Dual diagnosis competent, chemically dependent patients. Must be comfortable working with forensic patients. Must be EMR and Pyxis competent. This position will be both nights and days as needed per the manager. ONLY CANDIDATES ON FAST TRACK FOR HAWAII LICENSING AND CURRENT CPI WILL BE CONSIDERED, CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT CERTIFICATION IN THE MANAGEMENT OF ASSAULTIVE PATIENTS, ie. CPI OR P.A.R.T. BEFORE START DATE 9/24/2018.
- RN-ER – 13-Week contract, 2 years mandatory experience, variable shifts 36 hours per week/12 hours shifts
RPN for ER, Acute, and LTC(small critical access hospital with no separate units. RN’s cover all areas)
*must have at least two years experience in ED, the position is .9 which is 72hrs in a two week period with every 3rd weekend off guaranteed. If assigned to the ER and there are no patients, RN will provide backup in acute and LTC areas. If assigned to meds, will need to pass meds and do procedures for LTC and acute patients. All OT is calculated as hours over 80 worked in a two week roster period. This is not a latex free facility.
- RN OR – 13-week contract, DAY shifts with call, able to circulate to general surgery, laparoscopic surgery, orthopedic and GYN, BLS/BCLS.
- RN MED/SURG – 13-week contract, likely NOC shift, but must be flexible, Med/Surg telemetry floor, with pediatric patients.
- RN UTILIZATION REVIEW – 13-week contract, 3 years of experience, Seeking immediate Utilization Review Nurse. Set weekly schedule. Day shift.Preferred Experience: Utilization Review experience, Preferred Certifications: Utilization Review, Preferred.
- RN L&D – 13-week contract, 4 years of experience, Labor & Delivery and Nursery RN with couplet care experience for a rural community hospital in Hawaii. 45-50 deliveries a month. 72-80 working hours every two weeks. When assigned to charge nurse duties an additional $2.00/hr. will be compensated. May float to assist other departments but not as a primary nurse. Start date of 7/23/2018.
- CRITICAL CARE FLOAT POOL (must have ED, PACU, and ICU experience) – 13-week contract, 2 years of experience, Primary Care of ER, PACU & ICU Patients and May Have To Float to Other Nursing Units NOT as a Primary Nurse to Assist as Needed. All candidate submissions MUST have ER and ICU experience to be considered
- RN SNF/LTC – 13-week contract, 8-hour shifts: day, eve, night, Small Critical Access Hospital on the Big Island seeking multitalented RN with strong Med Surg and LTC skills. ER experience is a bonus!
- RN ER – 13-week contract, 2 years of experience, 36 hours per week/12 hours shifts, RPN for ER, Acute and LTC(small critical access hospital with no separate units. RN’s cover all areas)
*must have at least two years experience in ED, Position is .9 which is 72hrs in a two week period with every 3rd weekend off guaranteed. If assigned to the ER and there are no patients, RN will provide backup in acute and LTC areas. If assigned to meds, will need to pass meds and do procedures for LTC and acute patients. All OT is calculated as hours over 80 worked in a two week roster period. This is not a latex free facility. Start date of 7/23/2018.
- LPN CLINIC – 2 years of experience, MUST HAVE CLINIC EXPERIENCE! Description: Ka’u Hospital is a 21-bed critical access hospital in rural Hawaii that has a family practice rural health clinic on site. An LPN with experience working in an outpatient clinic setting is required for a 13-week assignment – M-F 8-5: 00. Clinic volume 00. averages 21 patients per day. The LPN assists usually two providers at a time, one physician and one APRN within processing of patients, administering vaccinations and treatments, ensuring smooth workflow and triaging calls.
- LPN LTC – 13-week contract, 1-year experience, rotating shifts, including weekends, holidays, occasional overtime. Duties include medication administration, skin treatments, assessments, ADL assistance, nebulized treatments, wound vac care, CPAP care, gastrostomy tube care.
- At least 1-7 years of experience (depending on the contract)
- Current Hawaii RN License or in process
- BLS, ACLS, PALS Pysix, BCLS, CPI, TNCC, NRP, NIH Certification with AHA (depending on the contract)
- 2-Step TB Skin Test
- Immunization Record
- Recent references
Kahu Malama Nurses is one of Hawaii’s most experienced healthcare staffing agencies. For over 35 years, we have been helping healthcare professionals get the best assignments across the state. We are the only agency in Hawaii that is certified by the Joint Commission for our high standards.
As an employee of Kahu Malama Nurses, you are entitled to a competitive hourly pay plus bonuses, with great benefits that include:
- Health Coverage
- Vacation Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Pay Advances
- Referral Bonus
If you are interested in any of these openings please submit a resume immediately for consideration.
For more details on any of these positions please call Dinah at 808-951-0111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org