Big Island – Travel Contracts
Kahu Malama Nurses’ current Job Opportunities on the Big Island. Contracts range from 13 weeks to 26 weeks :
- RN PACU/SS – 26-week contract, shifts are 8, 10, and 12 hours can be DAY EVE NOC and weekends/Holidays and vary between unites. On call shift 2-3 times per month. Pre-op, phase I and phase II recovery float to ED to assist w/o a patient load, required skills and minimum experience ED RN or PACU RN with at least 2-5 years of experience. Must have BLS, ACLS, PALS, NIH stroke certification TNCC by AHA for those that can be.
- RN ICU – 13-week contract, 3 years of Intensive Care experience, Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. BLS, ACLS, active HI license. 12 hour night and day shifts hours weekly could be up to 48 hours. Depends on census and coverage. Floating to other units/departments: when needed may float out to other critical care and step down units
Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
- RN OR – 13-Week contract, 7 years of experience in a hospital operating room setting, active HI license DAY EVE NOC shifts, will be required to take OR call once a week from M-F and a 24hr weekend call every 3-4 weeks. Types of procedures required: General, Orthopedic, Vascular, Ophthalmic, OB/GYN, Urology, and ENT. Circulating experience essential, and preferably some experience scrubbing.
- RN OR – 13-week contract, DAY shifts with call, able to circulate to general surgery, laparoscopic surgery, orthopedic and GYN, BLS/BCLS.
- RN L&D – 13-week contract, 4 years of experience, Labor & Delivery and Nursery RN with couplet care experience for a rural community hospital in Hawaii. 45-50 deliveries a month. 72-80 working hours every two weeks. When assigned to charge nurse duties an additional $2.00/hr. will be compensated. May float to assist other departments but not as a primary nurse.
- RN MED/SURG 2 – (2) 13-Week contract, likely NOC but must be flexible, target start date 8/13/18, Med/Surg telemetry floor with pediatric patients.
- LPN CLINIC – 13-Week contract working in outpatient clinic setting M-F 8:00 am-5:00 pm.
- RN SNF/LTC – 13-Week contract, small critical access hospital on the Big Island. Need RN’s that are strong Med Surg and LTC skills and ER experience is a bonus. 8 hour shifts DAY EVE NOC, active HI license.
- RN Family Birthing Unit – 12-Week contract, DAY EVE NOC shifts, 2 years of experience of L&D couplet care and newborn stabilization preferred, BLS, ACLS, NRPC, STABLE certification, Advanced Fetal Monitor Certification preferred.
- At least 1-7 years of experience (depending on the contract)
- Current Hawaii RN License or in process
- BLS, ACLS, PALS Pysix, BCLS, CPI, TNCC, NRP, NIH Certification with AHA (depending on the contract)
- 2-Step TB Skin Test
- Immunization Record
- Recent references
Kahu Malama Nurses is one of Hawaii’s most experienced healthcare staffing agencies. For over 35 years, we have been helping healthcare professionals get the best assignments across the state. We are the only agency in Hawaii that is certified by the Joint Commission for our high standards.
As an employee of Kahu Malama Nurses, you are entitled to a competitive hourly pay plus bonuses, with great benefits that include:
- Health Coverage
- Vacation Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Pay Advances
- Referral Bonus
If you are interested in any of these openings please submit a resume immediately for consideration.
For more details on any of these positions please call Dinah at 808-951-0111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org