Oahu – Travel Contracts
Oahu is the place to be if you are a Travel Nurse looking for a contract in a big city and want to spend a few months living in paradise!
Known as “the Gathering Place” – the island is a melting pot of different cultures: Hawaiian, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Ilocanos and more. It is the most populated of the Hawaiian Islands and is home to about a million people. The island offers more than just surf, sun, and sand. It is home to numerous historical sites, buildings, and scenic areas.
Stroll the streets of downtown Honolulu to get acquainted with the sights and sounds of the area. Dine in one of the home-grown restaurants and try the famous “poke.” Not the fish type? Try the yummy shave ice on the North Shore! Aside from being known as the surfing capital of the world, the North Shore is also another destination for food lovers: it’s where you’ll find the famous shrimp trucks in Kahuku and they are a must try!
FUN FACT: Oahu is also home to Kahu Malama Nurses’ corporate office which is located in the Ala Moana area just a block from the Pacific Ocean and adjacent to the Ala Moana Shopping Center. The mall is the largest in Hawaii and the largest open-air shopping center in the world. Major retailers include Saks Fifth Avenue, Macy’s, Nordstrom and Target. The center also includes a grocery retailer, a large food court as well as numerous larger restaurants such as California Pizza Kitchen, Morton’s Steak House, Jade Dynasty Seafood, Bubba Gump Shrimp, Assagio, and Tanaka of Tokyo.
Looking for a travel assignment on Oahu? See the list below for our current job opportunities:
- RN CVIC – 13-Week contract, 12-hour nights, target start date of 8/20/18, 3 years of CVICU, must float to ICU/CCU, active HI license, active ACLS by AHA
- RN CDU – 13-Week contract, 12-hour day shift, target start date of 8/27/18, 3 years of Tele experience, active HI license, active ACLS by AHA, CPR/BLS by AHA
- RN PICU/PEDS – (2) 13-Week contracts, 12-hour night shifts, target start date 8/27/18 and 9/24/18, 3 years recent PICU and PEDS experience, active HI license, BLS, PALS must be AHA, must have PICU and PEDS prefer that they also have NICU but not required.
- RN PICU/PEDS – 13-Week contract, 12-day shift, target start date 8/27/18, 3 years recent PICU and PEDS experience, active HI license, BLS, PALS must be AHA, must have PICU and PEDS prefer that they also have NICU but not required.
- LPN LTC – 13-Week contract, 8-hour shifts, must be able to work consecutive weekends, 4 years experience, active HI license, active ACLS, BLS/BCLS, PALS by AHA, NRP
- CNA – (2) 13-Week contract, rotating DAY EVE NOC 8 hour shifts in a variety of care units SNF, ICF, MS, this is in a hospital setting with direct patient care through the performance of a variety of nursing support tasks.
Kahu Malama Nurses works closely with its employees and clients to make the perfect match for both. We have been working with facilities and other healthcare settings across Hawaii for over 35 years. When you work with us, your resume doesn’t get lost with hundreds of other applications. We can get you presented directly to the hiring managers and help you land your dream position.
We reward our healthcare professionals with benefits which include:
- Healthcare coverage upon eligibility
- Supplemental coverage available through Aflac at the group rate
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Referral bonuses
- Vacation pay
- Pay Advances
Submit your cover letter and resume today for immediate consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808-951-0111 ext. 2.